- Is your wilderness a desert plain? Is it a dense forest? A city landscape? A snowcapped mountain?
- What do you see? What are the colors that surround you? What do you hear? What can you smell?
When Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness he fasted for forty days and forty nights. He was hungry and alone and he was tempted to be and act in
ways that were far from the person that God called his Beloved.
- Where do you lose some of your certainty? When do you question who you are and what you are supposed to be doing?
- Where have you felt isolated or afraid? When have you felt doubt?
- Now, there in the midst of your wilderness, imagine that God comes to you. What does God look like? What does God say to you? What strength does God offer you for your journey?